CLARION - Clarion Borough will conduct a borough-wide "clean-up day" Saturday, May 15.
Collection will begin at 6:30 a.m. and continue through 11:30 a.m. at the Clarion Borough Public Works Building located at 1148 Veterans Drive.
There will be dumpsters at the public works building for residents' use.
Clarion Borough-based businesses are welcome to participate, and items must be brought to the public works building for disposal, as well.
The dumpsters will be removed promptly at 11:30 a.m.
Individuals should wear face masks for their own safety, as well as the safety of borough employees. Residents bringing items to the site are asked to remain in their vehicles.
Proof of residence (a tax bill or driver's license) will be required.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Items containing Freon, including freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, and de-humidifiers.
- Concrete products and construction materials.
- Tires and batteries.
- Paint cans unless they are empty and dry with lid off.
- Containers of unidentified materials or liquids.
- Household garbage.
- Brush or yard waste.
- Electronic items such as cell phones, TVs, computers. This is due to a change in state law. Such items must now be properly recycled.
If you are in doubt about an item, please contact the Public Works Department prior to Clean-up Day at 814-226-6721 or the Clarion Borough office at 814-226-7707.
Spring leaf collections scheduled
The borough will conduct spring leaf collection April 26 and 27 and May 3 and 4.
All leaves must be at curbside by 7 a.m. on those days. The service is for leaves only no brush or limbs.
Do not put the leaves in bags. There is no need to contact the public works department for this service.